Cernobbio, points of interest
We propose here at first an itinerary which from the tourist and lake entrance of Cernobbio, slowly goes up to an interesting historic centre, up to the foot of Bisbino, and goes down up to the discovery of an interesting “Cittadella della Seta” typical of the Lario Region.
This route starts from the Peer of Cernobbio, enters the ancient centre of the village with the church of Saint Vincent, crosses the green oasis of the “Giardino della Valle” up to the Parish Church of S. Nicholas at Casnedo, coming down and ending with the beautiful villa in Liberty style, built between the year 1905 and 1906 by the silk manufacturer Davide Bernasconi.
This circular walk starts from the parish church of St. Nicholas in Casnedo, goes uphill on the old mule-track to the hamlet of Rovenna, and returns downhill to the starting point along the old road, now via Monte Santo, which connected the hamlet and the centre of Cernobbio, before the new carriage road was constructed between 1915 and 1917 (out of the need to quickly build a link with the Cadorna Military Line defense works), which took the name via della Libertà at the end of World War II. It is a pleasant and interesting alternative itinerary through the areas of Cernobbio which have preserved their old rural characteristics: the centre of Rovenna and the hamlets of Stomaino, Porgino and Toldino, which until 1929 represented a single separate Municipality.